Saturday, April 7, 2007

Yo! Levar Burton Battle Tony Parker


This week, San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker released his debut French hip hop album. As to be expected, this was about as wise a move as marrying Eva Longoria. It is quite terrible. I'm not joking, it's sub-Federline, please take a listen for yourself:



I'm not any kind of rap or hip hop expert but my God! However, it does have a rival for worst rapping by a non-rapper I have ever seen. Like me, I'm sure your childhood was shaped by Reading Rainbow hosted by the legendary Levar Burton but I must have missed this episode:


Levar Burton may be a lot of things, Geordie Laforge of Star Trek:TNG, Kunta Kinte of Roots, and a brilliant children's television host but he is not a hype emcee by any means. What the hell is rag basketball?

So, who wins this battle of the rap heavyweights?

No comments: