Monday, April 23, 2007

Born in the 80's

One of my favourite bands out of the 1980's, The Wedding Present, is getting the "Peel Session" treatment in a compilation to be released this week. John Peel, Britain's most legendary radio DJ, was one of the bands most ardent supporters. Since his death in 2004, many of his favourite bands are being anthologized in Box Sets. Although I find it somewhat macabre to provide an extended mixtape to capitalize on someone's death but I'll support anything that gets The Wedding Present out there. However, I suggest you forego the box set and instead pick up a couple of their LPs George Best (1987) and Bizarro (1989). I posted a video to turn you on to the indie heroes of 80's. Of course, I didn't listen to it in the 80's. I was not quite so hip when I was four. Actually, I was probably more hip.

No comments: