Sunday, June 1, 2008

Don't Call it a Comeback!


Faithful readers,

I have returned from my self imposed hiatus to bring you the internet's tastiest nuggets. It has been approximately 9 months (no, I wasn't preggers) since my last post. Moving, starting grad school, and trying to make my way as a timeless, hopeless bachelor in Montreal left me drained and unable to contribute to the white noise of the blogosphere. I sincerely apologize for leaving you all without a lazy spiritual guide for so long and I really hope you forgive me. I have been given a second wind and I have this insatiable desire to write something that is not an essay on Canadian print culture. So, please check back regularly and leave your comments.

I swear, baby, I'll never leave you again,

Mr. Samurai Buddha
As a teaser of what is to come, here is a brilliant video of my humble neighbourhood by Montreal hip hop collective, Da Pimp Class. "Where U From? (An NDG Anthem) depicts Notre Dame de Grace in all its glory. I think my favourite line is when one of them says, "If pimpin's a crime, you better lock me up." I'm pretty sure "pimping" is a crime so he shouldn't be so boastful especially while strutting down the street with twenty of his friends who are nicknamed, of all things, Da Pimp Class. Not smart.