Thursday, June 26, 2008

Why So Serious?

Full disclosure: I'm an enormous Batman fan. I have been one since I was a child. Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns ranks among one of my favourite books let alone comic books. Of all the superheroes, Batman is the most relatable because of his tortured psyche and absolutist moral code. I was very impressed with Christopher Nolan's revamp of the film series "Batman Begins" and I can't even begin to write how stoked I am about its sequel "The Dark Knight." It features two of my favourite actors in Christian Bale and Michael Caine and, sadly, features the last performance of Heath Ledger as the Joker. I'm looking forward to this movie so much that it can't help but disappoint. Or could it? Rolling Stone has an early review and it is positively glowing. I can't believe I have to wait until July 18th to see it.

Here's the trailer:

No comments: