Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hold Steady Streams new LP

Minnesota heroes The Hold Steady are streaming their entire new album "Stay Positive" on their MySpace page right now as you read this. Who knows how long it will be up so you better hurry up and listen. I've listened to it all the way through only once so I'll have to wait awhile before I write a proper review but I gotta say that I like what I hear. It doesn't have the same unity as "Boys and Girls in America" or "Almost Killed Me" but the epic scope is certainly still there. Craig Finn and the best bar band in the world really seem to be experimenting with their sound a little as well. Is that a lute I hear? Like the band's famous "Southtown Girls," "Stay Positive" might not blow you away but you know that it'll stay...

The Hold Steady - Stuck Between Stations:

No comments: