Friday, June 20, 2008

Illegal Art


Now, I thought the whole mash up trend jumped the shark in about 2004 but long time readers of the Buddha will remember that I'm a big admirer of superstar DJ and former biomedical engineer Gregg Gillis aka Girl Talk. Yesterday, Girl Talk released his second full length album of sample based dance music and after just one listen "Feed The Animals" is as excited as his debut "Night Ripper." The album is available to download via his label Illegal Art. Even better news is that Girl Talk is releasing it Radiohead style so you cab pay what you see fit for it. However, if you decide to pay nothing, you better be prepared to be guilted. If you enter a price of $0.00 this is the question you'll be asked why and presented with these options:
- I may donate later
- I can't afford to pay
- I don't really like Girl Talk
- I don't believe in paying for music
- I have already purchased this album
- I don't value music made from sampling
- I am part of the press, radio, or music industry
- Other reasons
I paid a dollar so I know I'll sleep at night. Can you?

No comments: