Monday, September 24, 2007

The Best of Phil Spector

Amazingly enough, the jury is still out in the murder trial of Phil Spector. California juries are obvously incapable of convicting celebrities, no matter how guilty they may be. Despite the man's obvious mental instability and violent tendencies, he was one genius of a record producer. So, in honour of what I hope will be his impending guilty verdict, I bring to you my top ten Phil Spector produced songs:


1) Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers
2) The Long and Winding Road - The Beatles
3) Instant Karma - John Lennon
4) To Know Him is to Love Him - The Teddy Bears
5) River Deep - Mountain High - Ike and Tina Turner
6) My Sweet Lord - George Harrison
7) Be My Baby - The Ronettes
8) Christmas (Baby, please come home) - Darlene Love
9) True Love Leaves No Traces - Leonard Cohen
10) Rock N' Roll High School - The Ramones
11) He Hit Me (It Felt Like a Kiss) - The Crystals
12) Let it Be - The Beatles
13) Every Breath I Take - Gene Pitney
14) Across te Universe - The Beatles
15) Black Pearl - Sonny Charles and the Checkmates
16) I Love How You Love Me," the Paris Sisters
17) Not Too Young to Get Married," Bob B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans
18) Walking in the Rain - The Ronettes
19) Imagine - John Lennon
20) You've Lost That Loving Feeling - The Righteous Brothers


Unchained Melody

No comments: