Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Limit to your Love

That's right, the new Feist has arrived and it is an absolute thing of beauty. I've spent the past couple days absorbing Leslie Feist's third album, "The Reminder," and I can't stop the songs and her voice from weaving in and out of my brain. The album is anchored by Feist's jazzy smooth voice on singles like "My Moon My Man" and "1234" and skips along at a rate that seems almost effortless. Unlike her sophomore disk, "Let it Die," Feist is credited with writing every song on "The Reminder" except for Nina Simone's "Sea Lion Woman." Feist sings with such emotional gravity that, at the same time, remains as light and airy as a wafer cookie. The Calgary native, Toronto Punk Kid, Paris Ex-Pat, and Broken Social Scenester has delivered one of the best albums of 2007 so far by far.

My Moon My Man


Sea Lion Woman


Gotta Love It!

No comments: