Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Broken Wing and Nothing More


I'm really digging the album from Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan, "Sunday at Devil Dirt." The sweet voice from the Belle and Sebastian alum is the perfect counterpoint to the former Screaming Tree's brooding intensity. "Sunday" feels feels a bit like an album of Nick Cave ballads but that's not a bad thing at all. Their songs make me want to join the merchant marines and set out on an adventure full of fisticuffs, deals with Satan, and pale and tragic women. What can I say? I'm a romantic.

Here's the debauched and NSFW video to "Ramblin' Man" off their debut:

1 comment:

BA said...

Dear Mr. Buddha, thanks for putting me on to this album. Wanting more fisticuffs in my life, I actually went in to a real world record store and emptied my pockets. This album is every bit as cool as you made it sound.

Thanks,
-BA