Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Work Through Pain


It's no secret to anyone who reads this blog that I am somewhat looking forward to The Dark Knight. Okay, I would marry that movie if I could. I bought my tickets today to see it on Imax this Saturday. I wanted to see it on opening day but I have to work and a couple friends wanted to go out Friday evening. Even a huge nerd like myself couldn't justify picking a movie over socialization so I'll have to wait until Saturday afternoon. How will I do it? I fully expect this movie to cure cancer, heal centuries old rifts in the middle-east, and satisfy you sexually. Umm... I'm just saying my expectations are high.
My expectations are so high that I bought "Gotham Knight," an animated Batman film meant to bridge the gap between "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight." Visually, "Gotham Knight" is pretty slick. It has a pseudo-anime style with a more western sensibility. I wish the six interlocking stories were a little deeper. Instead, they feel short and underdeveloped. I also wish Christian Bale's voice could have been used for Batman for the sake of unity but substitute Kevin Conroy does a fine job. The stories generally provide glimpses of how Gothamites view Batman and the myth he has cultivated. Check it out if your a Bat fanatic but it's not essential viewing.
Here's the trailer:

No comments: